I’m back with another recipe for you! This time it’s yet another recipe I’ve learned from Living Traditions Homestead! I’ll link to their video below. This recipe makes a lot of granola so I will also list the ingredients for a half batch for your convenience.
Ingredients for a whole batch:
- 12 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 cups of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
Ingredients for a half batch:
- 6 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, nuts, brown sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread onto a sprayed baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir the granola every 5 minutes to ensure it’s baking evenly. It will be golden brown when it’s done.
- Add in dried fruit(optional) and coconut flakes(optional) after it has finished baking.
- Let it cool in the baking sheet, and then break up any large pieces before you store the granola in an airtight container.
I hope that you will make this granola for yourself to try! As always thanks for reading!